Here are classic interview questions from one of my favorite books on interviewing:
The Perfect Interview (2nd edition) by John D. Drake
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses or limitations?
- What are your financial requirements?
- Why are you leaving your present position?
- What are your career goals for the next five years?
- What kind of a position are you looking for?
- What was your most significant accomplishment in your last position?
- Doesn’t this job represent a step down from the level of work you’ve been doing?
- How would you describe your management style?
- Describe a time you failed.
- How would you approach this job?
In an competitive job market where interviews are hard to land, not only do you need good answers to tough questions, you need a complete interview agenda which includes great questions, memorable stories that exemplify your qualifications, and a strong closing. Being well-prepared means you’ll have calm, convincing, successful, even fun interviews! Contact Tracy to set up an interview coaching session today.